Here in Honduras, we celebrate Corpus Christi, the feast of the Body and Blood of Christ, with processions, carrying the Eucharist in a monstrance. Here is a picture of a procession from several years ago.
Usually the communities prepare several altars where the priest or deacon (or, in some cases, the extraordinary ministers of Communion) place the Eucharist so that those gathered can stop and pray.
Our pastor asked me to prepare materials based on the recent pastoral letter of our bishop, Monseñor Darwin Rudy Andino, CRS, Evangelizando a la luz de la PALABRA – Evangelizing in the light of the Word.
The themes chosen are:
- Deepening our encounter with God through the Word of God.
- Living the sacraments as deeds where we encounter God.
- Strengthening the family as the “domestic church,” gathered around the Table of the Eucharist.
- Caring for our “Common Home” where God reveals His glory.
- Living the Eucharist in a life of charity and justice.
I included scripture passages and quotes from Pope Francis and Pope St. John Paul II. I have not yet translated it into English but you can find te Spanish by clicking on the link below: